2020 Key Topics
Following several trips to the continent and extensive research conducted with the industry, we are now finalising topics to be included in the agenda for Bonds, Loans & Sukuk Africa 2020. Below are the key themes to come out of our research with your clients, prospects and peers.
Bonds, Loans & Sukuk Africa 2020 Key Topics:
- How to fund a growing pan-African business locally market-by-market
- What are fund managers’ criteria for governance and transparency when they consider investment?
- How to re-profile SOE debt: Is there a painless way out?
- How should issuers, investors and market-makers be pricing FX?
- What credit strategies can DMOs realise to support fiscal and debt sustainability?
- A ratings update on Africa: What are the triggers and catalysts to look out for?
- How to manage risk through the duration of an infrastructure project
- Modelling and pricing (geo)politics into credit markets: How do local investors digest political volatility differently to internationals?
- How to fund infrastructure in jurisdictions where country risk would scare away traditional investor
- Preparing for a transition away from LIBOR: How will bankers and borrowers be impacted?
- Private credit: What are LPs criteria (and appetite) for buying into African debt deals?
- Hedging and speculating: How are issuers and investors in Africa trading OTC derivatives?
- What is the medium/long term outlook for oil, gas, metals and mining? How does this impact African credit?
- A country-by-country analysis of credit: Macro picture, policies, ratings, risk and capital markets development
- Is Basel 3 and Basel 4 fit for purpose in Africa?
- Spotlight on Africa-Asia investment: Who is investing… in what… where.. and how much?
- How do you re-kick start the securitisation market? Can a successful model be rolled out in non-RSA Africa?