2020 Key Topics
- What are the government’s long-term plans to stimulate investor confidence in light of a changing political climate and Mexico’s rating downgrade? How is Mexico’s economic and fiscal agenda for 2020/21 affecting the bonds and loans markets?
- How will global macro-dynamics such as the Federal Reserve’s monetary policy, interest rates and upcoming US elections influence Mexico?
- Update on UMSCA: How are the evolving negotiations impacting pricing and automobile manufacturing sector in Mexico?
- On the road to refinancing: How can the administration instil more confidence in the Oil and Gas sector? What will be the impact of a potential refinancing on Mexico’s local market activity?
- Sourcing alternative funding to secure better pricing in the capital markets: What factors should Mexican corporates consider when diversifying funding strategies? How is the wall of maturity going to impact liquidity?
- How are investors pricing Mexican bonds in light of a developing political and economic landscape? Which international investors are looking to stay long term?
- Developing Mexico’s syndicated loans market: Which structures will dominate market activity in 2020?
- What steps need to be taken to ensure local and international investment into the energy sector continues following lack of public sector auctions?
- Evolution of Mexico’s ESG and sustainable finance markets: How can issuers and investors capitalise on this additional liquidity to make a concerted effort to issue green?
- Driving real estate growth through vehicles such as CKDs, Fibras and CERPIS. Does this still bring return on investment following a change in Afores regulation?
- Mexico’s infrastructure pipeline for 2020/21: What is the government’s plan at federal and regional levels for new initiatives and financing opportunities in the tourism and hotel sectors?
To find out about speaking opportunities email Kate McAtamney: