Bonds, Loans & Sukuk 24 Key Topics:
- The damage done: When will the recovery start and what will it look like for emerging economies post-COVID19?
- After turning on the printers, will developed market stimulus make its way into emerging markets?
- How do oil producers adapt their funding and investment strategies to the new equilibrium price of oil?
- How to price deals in the current market where there are no reference points?
- Debt relief: What is the impact on private creditors? What are the implications for EM debt as an asset class?
- Corona social bonds: Does the pandemic make a stronger business case for pursuing strategic ESG integration into funding strategies?
- Post-COVID: What will China’s recovery look like and what are the implications for other economies?
- Trading in and out of Asia: Where do investors see value in the markets?
- How will COVID-19 impact progress of and funding for the Belt & Road Initiative (BRI)?
MIDDLE EAST FOCUS:
- Comparing and contrasting the macroeconomic fortunes of the GCC country-by-country
- Market technicals vs. economic fundamentals: Are COVID-19 and oil price pressure properly reflected in GCC bond/sukuk spreads?
- What are the lending and capital markets strategies of GCC banks?
- Approaching the market: How are corporates managing their short, medium, and long-term funding?
- How is Turkey’s political economy responding to the COVID volatility?
- What is the new criteria for Turkey’s banks to lend?
- How are Turkish companies managing finances and balance sheets in preparation for a change in the new world order?
RUSSIA & CIS FOCUS:
- Economic backdrop vs. investor demand: How to price Russian risk in June 2020
- Responding to COVID-19: How are Russian companies adapting to the new reality?
- How are banks in Russia responding to support the economy and their clients?
- On track(?): How does COVID-19 affect CIS economies’ privatisation plans?
- How has COVID19 altered the trajectory of Africa from now until 2030?
- Sovereign strategies: How are Africa’s governments negotiating with investors to secure their sponsorship?
- DFIs, IFIS and ECAs in Africa: A change of strategy or business as usual?
- How to navigate the African loan markets now and post-COVID19
- Mobilising African institutional money for infrastructure projects
LATIN AMERICA FOCUS:
- Political shifts and country risks: How is Latin America’s economic landscape changing (as part of the broader pandemic and oil price issues)?
- Bonds vs. loans, USD vs. local currency: How can borrowers access short, medium and long term capital?
- Size, price, tenor… but what are global banks’ criteria for lending to the region?
- How is COVID-19 and the fall in oil prices impacting infrastructure deals in Latin America?
- Structured finance: Accessing capital where vanilla markets can’t provide it
If you are interested in participating as a speaker, please contact the below: